I’ve been to Korea 3 times and applied for tourist visa also 3 times. On my third time, I was expecting that they will give me a multiple visa for 3 years but they still gave me single entry visa. "Para ba kung may Promo Fare, lipad agad. lols"
I applied through my friend’s travel agency since I don’t have the time to go to embassy personally.
My friend said, The Korean embassy simplified their procedure in applying visa for Filipinos and to all ASEAN Nationals to promote their country’s tourism. The processing time is still 3 (with previous visa) to 5 (first time applicant) working days.
Requirements in applying Tourist Visa are:
1. Visa application form – download here
2. 2 x 2 latest coloured picture with white background
3. Passport (valid for at least six month before departure)
4. Photocopy of first page of passport (Information page)
5. Employment Certificate stating leave of absence, if employed or Business registration, if self-employed
6. Bank Certificate
7. Income tax return or BIR form 2316
Documents as part of requirements before but they already removed from the list:
1. Photocopy of visa of countries visited, if any
2. Print out of airfare return ticket or e-ticket
3. Print out of Hotel reservation or tour reservation
Republic of Korea Embassy in the Philippines is located at:
122 Upper McKinley Road
McKinley Town Centre
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
Telephone Number: (02) 856-9210
Applications are accepted in the morning and releasing is scheduled in the afternoon.
Visa is free of charge.