It’s not true that effective June 2014, Filipinos who wish to travel to Japan might no longer have to apply for tourist visa under the country’s new tourism plan.
Japanese Embassy in Manila clarified this issue on April 27, 2014.
I am a Philippine passport holder and planning to visit the Land of the Rising Sun for a 7 days vacation on last week of June 2014. I applied a visit visa through its accredited agencies. Because effective July 30, 2007, Japan Embassy in the Philippines and its Consular office in Cebu and Davao are no longer accepting direct visa application by the applicants.
Click here for the List of Accredited Agencies
Before going to one of their accredited agency, you must have the following documents for them to accept your application.
1. Filled up application form (Download here)
2. 2 x 2 ID picture with white background
3. Recent and old Passport (original)
4. Certificate of Bank Deposits
5. Certificate of Employment and Latest income Tax Return (2316), if employed
6. Business Registrations and Latest Income tax Return (1701), if self-employed
7. Latest issued of Birth Certificate from NSO
8. Print out of Airfare Return Ticket
9. Hotel Confirmation Voucher
10. I bought already a JR Pass so I attached the ticket (not necessary )
11. Schedule of Stay, and
12. Application fee, I paid Php 1,200.00 at Reli Travel Agency
Processing time is 7 days, Reli Travel Agency (Telephone number 02- 637-5020) in SM Megamall is open daily and accepts applications from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and they will inform you if your passport is ready for pick up.
Personal appearance is necessary.