Taiwan is tagged as the Heart of Asia. You can get there only for 2-hour flight from Manila. Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific and Air Asia have direct flights to Taipei.
Getting around Taipei is convenient for visitors. All tourist attractions are accessible by Taipei’s Metro at a low cost. All stations have labels and directions translated in English. There are maps in all MRT stations or in the airport indicating beautiful spots in the country such as parks, temple, museums and more.
Our Itinerary in Taipei and nearby County:
1. Beitou Hot Spring – can be reached by foot from Xinbeitou MRT Station, just follow the sign.
2. Yang Ming Shan National Park - From Beitou Bus Stop, take the bus 230 going to the park’s main gate. Buses arrive every thirty minutes
3. Shihlin Night Market - alight at Jiantan MRT Station
4. Presidential Palace – alight at Longshan Station
5. Chiang Kai-shek (CSK) Memorial Hall and Plaza – alight at at CSK Memorial Hall Station
6. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall – alight at Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall MRT Station
7. Taipei 101 Tower and Shopping Mall – alight at at Taipei City Hall Station
8. Ximending Shopping district – alight at at Ximen Mrt Station
9. Taiwan National Museum - alight at at the Shihlin Station, and then take the Red bus 30 going to the museum.
10. Taroko Gorge – take the 2-hour train from Taipei Main Station going to Hualien, then take the tour bus waiting outside the Hualien Train Station. It is best to bein Hualien as early as 9 AM.
11. Yehliu Geo Park - Take the express bus (bound for Jinshan) at Tamshui station (near Tamshui MRT Station); alight at Yehliu stop then walk for about 20 minutes going to the park.
Let these pictures speak for the above itinerary:
|Beitou Thermal Valley|
|Yan Ming Shan National Park|
|Chiang Kai Shek (CSK) Memorial|
|Taipei 101 (viewing from Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall|
|operating in Taipei 101 Tower|
|Taiwan National Museum|
|The Famous Queen's Head (Rock formation at Yehliu)|