Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Chinese Visa for Filipino

China is one among the ancient civilizations. Others are Egypt, India, Maya (Mayan), Middle East (Mesopotamia) and Greece. During the old era, China was under the rule of Three Sovereigns and Five Emperors. For this reason, China is rich in culture and history. Thus, China is the third most visited country in the world.
According to the WTOin 2020, China will become the largest tourist country and among the largest for overseas travel. So for those Pinoys who are planning to visit China, you need to apply for a tourist visa prior to your departure.

 The requirements are as follows:

1.      Filled up application form (download here) don’t leave blank, write N/A if not applicable to you.
2.      Paste colored photo (white background) in 48mm x 33mm size to the application form. Stapled/taped/clipped/detached photos are not acceptable. (Paste and scissor are available to use at the entrance door)
3.      Original Passport with blank pages and valid for at least 6 months prior to departure, have a photocopy of passport information page and emergency contact page.
4.      For first-time applicant whose former nationality was Chinese, or who was born in the PRC (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan), are required to provide the original Chinese passport and a copy of its information page, and pages of extension (if any).
5.      Previous Chinese visa if any. If it is in the old passport, present original and photocopy of passport's information page and the visa page (sticker with immigration stamps) are needed. Certification of Change Name is needed, if your name in the new passport is different from the previous passport. The documents (e.g. birth certificate or marriage certificate) for name change issued by the authority are required.
6.      An invitation letter issued by Authorized Travel Agency in China, if you will be exploring China with your selves or you don’t have invitation letter, you must provide a copy of your return ticket or e-ticket and hotel reservation.
7.      If visiting China for the first time, BIR-Stamped income tax Return or BIR form 2316 and bank certificate of deposit are required. For Students, provide Student ID, sponsorship letter and the bank statements or bank certificate of deposits of sponsor.

My first Chinese Visa : Single Entry

China Immigration Stamped (red)

Where to apply:

You can apply tourist visa to the Consular office nearest you.
In Metro Manila:

2nd & 3rd Floor, the World Center,
 330 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue,
Makati City, Metro Manila

In Metro Cebu:

Cebu Fil-Chinese Volunteers Fire Brigade Building,
 Don Julio Llorente Street,
 Barangay Capitol Site, Cebu City 6000 

In Ilocos:

No.216 National Highway, Brgy 1, San Francisco,
San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte 2901

Visa Fees (as of August 6, 2013)

Single Entry: P 1,400.00
Double Entry: P 2,100.00
6-Month Multiple Entry: P  2,800.000
12-Month Multiple Entry: P 4,200.00

My Second Chinese Visa : Double Entry
Processing time:

The regular processing time is 4 working days. You can apply personally or thru Travel Agent, representatives must present authorization letter and company ID  


  1. I noticed that the embassy specifies a BIR stamped income tax return as a requirement. However, BIR forms 2316 are no longer stamped (since it is filed by the company). Will they accept a 2316 without a stamp?